National Customer Service Week is right around the corner. Although it seems like fall is a far way off, we are already starting to prepare for the many important things to come. One that most definitely tops our list is National Customer Service Week, October 2-6.
Each year we take the opportunity to show that we appreciate our customer service representatives even more than we normally do. We like to have games, fun-filled events, and more for our many valued employees.
If you work in this industry, you know that it’s not always easy or predictable. One of the best things about what we do is the variety, and the challenges that we work through together as a team. The first week in October we will be celebrating just that. Your hard work and dedication is valuable to us. We couldn’t do it without you.
Teamwork is essential to our business. Our employees work hard to include others and help those in need. Customer service is a challenging and rewarding field. Do you take the time to show your customer service employees or co-workers that you appreciate them? Here are a few easy ways to show your employees that you care. And who knows, perhaps we’ll be doing some of these fun things in the weeks to come. Again, thank you for all that you do and continue to do. You help us make this business a success.
Five easy ways to show an employee you care:
- Recognize their efforts. Show someone that you appreciate them by pointing out the many ways that they are making a difference. The little things do matter. Showing someone that you care and appreciate them will help with retention and can create a positive work environment.
- Give them a hand written thank you note. Have you ever gotten a thank you card from a manager and not felt good about it? Exactly. When a manager or co-worker shows that they care, it can really brighten someone’s day.
- Do a giveaway! Who doesn’t love a good giveaway? Prizes do not have to be extravagant, just something to get people excited about. During customer appreciation week, we like to show we care with random acts of kindness and drawings! It’s a great way to show appreciation.
- Go out of your way to follow up with someone. Isn’t it nice when someone remembers that it’s your birthday or that your niece started kindergarten? Going out of your way to check on someone to see how things are going and can really make a difference.
- Feed your employees. A great way to show your group that you appreciate them is to have a cook out or bring food in from outside for the employees to enjoy. Hotdogs, hamburgers, pancakes – these are all great food items that are easy to prepare and share. Feeding your employees and creating a fun event for them can boost morale and promote teamwork.
The bottom line is this: we truly appreciate our employees. In fact, we couldn’t do it without them! Customer Service Appreciation Week is only a few days, but take advantage of some of these customer service appreciation ideas year-round. Showing an employee that you care goes a long way. Everyone wants to know that they are valued in the workplace. Thank you for all that you do!