If you’ve ever worked in customer service, you know that not all customers are exactly alike. If you have ever worked in a call center environment, you understand that customers are crucial to the success of your business. You also know that it’s not always easy when customers are calling you with a problem that they are upset about before they even pick up the phone.
If you are currently in the call center customer service industry and you find yourself on a negative call, take a few moments to remember the following things. It could help you turn the call around.
Here are a few motivational tips to make it through a hard day:
- Remind yourself that the other person on the line is not upset with you personally. This is crucial to maintaining a good call.
- You never know who is calling. Treat everyone with the same level of respect.
- You don’t know what the person on the other line is going through.
- Don’t worry! Use the skills you have learned to turn the call around.
- We are here to help. If you need someone to talk to, you can always ask a manager on your team.
- If you need to take a short break, do so. Take 10 deep breaths and get back on the call when you are ready.
- Feel free to vent. If you need to talk with someone, do so. Working through things and talking through issues can help you with future problems.
- Do something you love in between calls. If you have time and you like to look at magazines, bring them with you to work. We don’t mind! We want you to enjoy your day as much as you possibly can.
- You can make a difference. If someone is having an issue that you are able to solve, doesn’t it feel great?
- Studies have shown that if you continue to smile even when you are having a hard time it can boost your mood and the mood of those around you. You’ve heard it before, someone on the phone doesn’t have to see your face to know that you are smiling!
Thank you for all that you do. We appreciate your efforts and everything you do for customers all over the United States! Keep up the good work.